Thursday, August 7, 2008

The longest two days EVER

Well Wednesday started out like any other. I packed up the kids in the mini-van around noon and picked up Cecilia and her kids. There was a big sale on cereal so we decided to hit up the Smith's to start. Not long after we got the cereal the van started smoking and the temperature started to rise. So we tried to put water in the radiator reservoir and then attempted to drive and cool of the engine. Needless to say it didn't work and we had to pull over and open the hood. After letting it sit for about 20 minutes we drove the van to the only shade in a 10 block radius. So we started with engine problems around 12:30pm and Tyrell finally got to us at around 1:30pm and spent an hour and a half trying to find a plug for the radiator tube and then trying to get it in. There was an elder man who kept checking on Cecilia and I and the 5 kiddies. He kept offering his back yard to us when Tyrell hadn't showed up. He came a couple times and one time with cooler full of freeze pops for the kids. They thought it was great. So what started out as a 4 hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip. The kids all did amazing.





So today started off hot and humid with the house cooling down to a whopping 69 degrees. We first went to Dr. Lovell for my 20 week ultrasound. WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!!



After I got home from Dr. Lovells Cecilia and I were going to bath. So I made a deal with Noah that he could take a bath after I cut his hair! So now our little boy is a baldy!



Then I got to take Noah to his Allergy and Asthma appointment. We had to wait a month and half for this day. Of course I couldn't find it so I was a little late. I met up with Lydia Stuart (which was AWESOME) The doctor finally gets to Noah, does great with him and tells me that Noah really does need the allergy testing! So in two weeks we are headed back for a 3 hour test! The Doc. also informed me that Noah has ear infections. GREAT! On the way home I called to pediatric office to get Emma and Lauren in to get their ears checked, and they told me that they could get them in today at 5:30. So after we got back from the allergy appointment I had to rush home and barely made it back for my visiting teaching appointment. At 4:40pm we rushed back out of the house to get more more cereal and to get to the other side of Idaho Falls. I made it with 15 minutes to spare, and they called us the as soon as we sat down. Yes it was confirmed that Emma and Lauren also have ear infections. So I go to Fred Meyer to pick up the three perscriptions, I get all the kids out of the car and go in to find out that Emma's and Lauren's were never called IN! So the pharmacy had to call the Docs office only to find out that the nurse that was supposed to call it in, had to go to the hospital for emergancy stitches. So it took about 30 to 40 minutes of waiting to finally get the medicine. So it was a VERY VERY LONG DAY! hope you enjoy this story! we love you all!

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

Congratulations! That is exciting to have another boy!! And don't you just love days like that where all you do is wait for something and drive all day long? I hate days like those! Hopefully you'll get a few peaceful days (as peaceful with little ones around)

Catherine said...

Yea for you! Another boy! Congrats on the news.

That was so nice of that man to stop by and give the kids treats to cool off!

Family

Family
pioneer

Our House

Our House
with grass!

Garden and yard

Garden and yard

back yard

back yard
beautiful!

Tyrell mowing

Tyrell mowing
After a long morning of garage sales the Dallas Maughan family and Tyrell Maughan family headed to Arctic Circle to spend more money on food that I didn't have to cook!

Day of Garage Saleing and lunch at Artic Circle

Day of Garage Saleing and lunch at Artic Circle

Daddy and Lauren

Daddy and Lauren
Daddy loves to take naps with his babies!